Wednesday 4 May 2016

Curvy Keepsake Wednesday/Love Lego

Hello and welcome back to another Curvy Keepsake Wednesday....

This week's Curvy Keepsake Box is one that children and adults will love especially if they love Lego.. Plus if you love the Curvy Keepsake Box you will be happy to know that it is in the New Stampin'Up! Catalogue which is due out on the 1st June....YAY... So Love it or Hate it Curvy Keepsake Wednesday will continue on for another year....lol



These would make fantastic treat boxes for a birthday party, I would fill them with brightly coloured Skittles or M&Ms or Smarties.



 I cut out the basic box in Daffodil Delight card and assembled them.


Next I made the Lego heads, I kept them simple for duplication purposes, but there are so many faces you could have a ball... I cut pieces of Daffodil Delight  1 5/8" x 2" and rounded the corners, then I added a small piece 3/8" x 7/8" to the top and a piece 1 3/16" x 3/8" to the bottom. the eyes are the 3/8" circle punch and the rest is drawn on using a Basic Black marker pen.


I used the white gel pen to add some highlights to their eyes and went around the edge of each piece with a Basic Black Marker before I assembled them.


Then I stuck them to the box using dimensionals, each box has two faces kind of like Good Cop Bad Cop on the Lego Movie.


For the tags I downloaded the Lego font which is Free (just Google it) and then printed out the names on to Whisper White card. I cut each letter out and mounted them on to some Daffodil Delight card, I then cut around this leaving a small yellow border. This was then mounted on a Real Red tag (approx 1 3/4" x 4 1/4"). For demonstration purposes I used short names so your size of tag will obviously depend on then name you use.



I used Thick Bakers Twine to attach the tag to the box. Also on hindsight I would print the name smaller for these boxes, but I had already printed them and was too lazy to go back an do it again....lol.

Product List

I hope you like this week's Curvy Keepsake Box, please feel free to contact me if you have any queries.
Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment