Friday 11 September 2015

Jingle All The Way & Sleigh Ride Edgelits

Hello and welcome back...

I have been having a lot of fun doing today's cards, and what a mess I made but totally worth it as I love the effect it is just beautiful.... If you follow my blog you will know how much I love doing the Acrylic Block Watercolour technique well this is an extension of that technique and it is just brilliant.... and so simple... I stumbled upon a video on youtube by Anna Smith which showed how she achieved this effect.
I'm afraid the photo's don't do it justice...



To create the background you ink up your acrylic block using your stamp pads, I used two colours, Island Indigo and Night Of Navy and then spritz it with water, then you turn your block over and place it down firmly onto your watercolour paper. (I usually use Whisper White card but for this watercolour paper worked best). 


Then the magic while it is still wet gently sprinkle it with salt....Yes I did say SALT.... Then you leave it to dry....
I did several backgrounds all al once so that I got the messy stage out of the way...


Once dry you can brush off the salt and you will be left with this amazing effect. Then comes the next stage adding glitter. You take a little bit of Tombow and add a tiny bit of water with an aqua pen then you flick the glue onto your background, sprinkle on some Dazzling Diamonds and you have a beautiful twinkling night sky.. (to be honest you can add glitter in lots of different ways but I did like the way it looked by doing it this way).. 


Then when its all dry you can use it to make a beautiful card.. and I am so loving these Edgelits they are such fun to use and along with the matching stamp set Jingle All The Way you have an amazing Christmas Card...





Love this little dog, there is a fox and a snowman, a Christmas tree and more in this stamp set...and if you buy it as a bundle with the edgelits you save 15% off the regular price...




I think these have got to be my favourite Christmas Cards so far....



I hope you enjoyed today's cards, thanks for stopping by...
Happy Creating X

No comments:

Post a Comment