Saturday 27 June 2015

Beautiful Butterflies

Hello and welcome back,

Today's post is all about Butterflies, Beautiful, Beautiful Butterflies......lol..

I have used the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set and Butterflies Thinlits dies... which you can buy as a bundle and save 15%, details are at the bottom of this post.


The Colours are Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point. I created the coloured backgrounds by taking my stamp pad and pressing it onto an acrylic block, then spritzing it with water and finally pressing onto some Whisper White card stock. It is similar to the other technique I have been using with the pens.



It gives you a similar effect but a more intense colour, I am not sure if you can see it but there are little dots on the coloured card, I used a blender pen to take out a little bit of the colour.

The envelopes are stamped with butterflies from the Butterfly Basics and Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Sets.




 The sentiments are also from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set.


To create the 3D butterfly, I put the top layer of Whisper White through the Big Shot with the small butterfly die placed in position.. Then put the coloured card behind and then stuck just the middle of the butterfly back in the cut out of the butterfly....



I have used both Whisper White Card Stocks, the thick for the card base and the thin for the layers...


So very very pretty......






I hope you like today's cards, thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment