Sunday 1 November 2015

Hearth and Home Christmas

Hello and welcome back...

I have been playing with the Heath and Home Thinlits Dies, inspired by some of the cards that have been appearing on Pinterest where the die has been used to cut out a double window, so creating an eight pane window. So I had a little play and came up with a six pane window, which I really liked as you can get a bit more of a scene showing than you can with the original four pane window....

 
I guess the secret to cutting multiple windows is when you put the die through the big shot you have part of the die outside the cutting plates so it doesn't cut the whole die out.. I think its pretty cool..

 
So for this card I thought "Cabin in the Snow", so I took a piece of Soft Suede card 14.4 cm x 10 cm and stamped it with the Hardwood Stamp in Soft Suede ink. Then I look a piece of Whisper White Card 9cm x 8 cm and stamped the Winter Trees from the Happy Scenes Stamp Set in Garden Green and coloured the sky with Soft Sky ink. I added some white snow and highlighted the snow on the trees with a White Gel Pen. Lastly I stamped the little dog from the Stamp Set Jingle All The Way onto the card in Basic Black.

 
The greeting is from the Festive Fireplace Stamp Set, as is the Black Cat on the window ledge.
 
To assemble I cut a hole in the Soft Suede card that had been stamped with the Hardwood stamp and stuck the scene behind it and then I attached the window to the front of the card with dimensionals, to give the illusion of depth...

 
Love this card, pop back tomorrow to see a variation on the theme....
 


Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment