Sunday 12 July 2015

Butterfly Thinlits Cards

Hello and welcome back....

I hope you have had a good weekend, I had my best friend to stay for the weekend and we have had a great time crafting, messing around with different techniques, its been fab.....

The card I am sharing today is one that we were playing with, it stars the beautiful Butterfly Thinlits.....
My friend wanted to make a card using the negative ie using the butterfly as a stencil and daubing through, which was very pretty. I liked colouring the butterfly with different inks and using it as a focal point for the card....



You get 3 dies in the Butterfly Thinlits, the large and medium intricate cut butterflies and a solid butterfly which co ordinates with the butterfly from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set.




I coloured each butterfly with 3 blue inks using the sponge daubers, starting with the darkest in the center to the lightest on the outer edge.


I used the spots and splodges from the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set for the background. The sentiment is from the Wetlands Stamp Set.



I used the Decorative Label Punch to punch out the sentiment for this card, why? because I didn't get it straight on the card....lol


And there we have two beautiful cards...



Well I hope you liked today's cards, pop back tomorrow to see more of what we created...
Thanks for stopping by..
Happy Crafting X

No comments:

Post a Comment